Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Year Ago Today

It was the most exciting day of our lives.  This was the day we found out we were expecting our very first baby.  I can't believe it's already been a year.  I remember that day so clearly, as if it were yesterday.  I was shocked to see the word "Pregnant" on the home pregnancy test; so surprised and filled with disbelief and happiness that I made an appointment that morning to have my blood drawn to confirm it.  Sure enough, it was true!  I picked up a dozen balloons and a toy truck to tie them to and put them in what would become the nursery.  When Tim came home I had him go in the room to get something for me (and he didn't even look up to see the balloons!).  I had him go back in and he couldn't believe it.  Shortly after we sat talking about it when the nurse called to confirm my blood work and my estimated delivery date: 10-10-10.

Little did we know what significance that date would have for us later in the year, the day she passed away.  I wish I could go back and warn myself to be extra careful (but how could I have been!?).  I wouldn't tell myself to not get excited because that was the best 9 months of my adult life.  I loved being pregnant.  Nothing can change what's done but I sure which it could sometimes.

Here are some photos from that day...

I wrote down the date the morning I found out before work. 2/3/10.
From Slideshow

Here's the surprise I had waiting for Tim when he got home that day.

From Slideshow

A closer look...

From Slideshow

1 comment:

  1. I am hopeful that you will one day soon feel that same joy. While it might be overshadowed by fear and grief of having lost your Sofia Rose, I can only imagine that a take home baby, will in fact be more pleasure and love than any thing you can imagine. Your angel will be watching, and she will smile down on you and your family.
    I don't know where we get the strength to continue on, perhaps it is them giving it to us.

    ReplyDelete