Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Decorations

We made a stop on Sunday to visit Sofia. Much of the snow had melted including my snow angel but I could still see where the angel wings were because more of the ground was visible in those parts. We decided to take down some of the Christmas decor and put up some Valentine's Day decorations for February. Wow, the ground is frozen solid this time of year! Some of the decorations had to stay because we couldn't get them out of the ground. What we could get I put in a bag to take home. Nothing gets tossed unless it's biodegradable (the orange, pumpkins, etc). We're saving everything we can.

With the ground being so frozen it was tough even for Tim to put into the ground but we did the best we could. We brought the heart which is very similar to the red wreath that was there before.




From Slideshow

Here is a bag of candy hearts (erasers) and a pretty heart pin we found at the antique store.  She's the first person we thought of when we saw it.  I pinned a ribbon to it and wrote a note to her.


From Slideshow

I found this little stone and thought it was perfect for Sofia.


From Slideshow

Here is a little pink Valentine's box I decorated for Sofia. We wrote a little Valentine to her and placed it inside. Anyone who goes to visit please drop one off for her - she (and we) would love it. When I was decorating it I remembered being a child and all the fun I had with my mom & sister, sitting in the dining room or kitchen, decorating our Valentine's boxes for school. I realized this is yet another thing I'll never get to do with Sofia but I was happy to make one for her.  Oh, and the little snow globe on the left of a doggie holding a "Love You" heart.


From Slideshow

Here's a pink sequin heart we put in with the poinsettia & white-turned-pink rose.

From Slideshow

Later in the day my mom & sister paid a visit to Sofia. My mom made this cute little fence with hearts and bows on it. She had hoped to get it in the ground, standing up near her stone but the ground was too frozen. I think it looks pretty like this too.

From Slideshow

My sister brought these "Happy Valentine's Day" signs to stick in the ground but they look great in with the flowers. My mom also brought the cute little lady bug with heart shaped wings.

From Slideshow

1 comment:

  1. The Valentine decorations are beautiful, Lia. I love Sofia's Valentine box, such a cute idea. I will for sure drop her off a note during my next visit to the cemetary...sending lots of love.

    ReplyDelete