Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger Down @ 7 Months

I was so disappointed the other day when I went to create a new post and Blogger was still down for some maintenance issues.  I work in the IT world so I know it happens but man, it's frustrating!  I'm not a 'regular' poster every day; I just post when the feelings are there and I have time to do it.  So on 5/12 when I wanted to post about my baby girl & missing her 7 months later I was bummed not to have the ability to do so.  Oh well, stuff happens I guess.  I'm just relieved the posts that were removed by Blogger have been restored.

I came upon this poem posted on Baby Center.  It's a good one:


My Mom is a Survivor 
Kaye Des'Ormeaux 
 
My mom is a survivor, Or so I have heard it said. 
 
But I can hear her crying When all others are in bed. 
 
I watch her lay awake at night And go to hold her hand. 
 
She doesn’t know I’m with her To help her understand. 
 
But like the sands upon the beach That never wash away... 
 
I watch over my surviving mom, Who thinks of me each day. 
 
She wears a smile for others... A smile of disguise. 
 
But through heaven’s open door I see tears flowing from her eyes 
 
My mom tries to cope with my death To keep my memory alive. 
 
But to anyone who knows her Knows it’s her way to survive. 
 
As I watch over my surviving mom Through heaven’s open door... 
 
I try to tell her Angels protect me forevermore. 
 
I know that doesn’t help her... Or ease the burden she bears. 
 
So if you get a chance, talk to her... And show her that you care. 
 
For no matter what she says... No matter what she feels. 
 
My surviving mom has a broken heart That time won’t ever heal. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy 7 month birthday baby girl.

    That's a beautiful poem, I love it.

    Thinking of you and baby Sofia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that poem. *crying*

    I was so frustrated when blogger was down, too! Hadn't realized how often I check it and how much i missed it when it was down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, forgot to mention, I love your new header. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's such a sweet poem, it brought tears to my eyes! I'm thinking of you and Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that poem is perfect. I cried when I read it the first time. When I read it I knew that I wanted to repost it on my blog at some point, and tonight felt like the perfect time.

    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete