Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween

We were so looking forward to Halloween this year until we lost Sofia.  She had a little "Baby's 1st Halloween" outfit and a costume.  We thought we might take her to her grandparents for her first Halloween and maybe hold her while handing out candy to the neighbor kids.

Instead, I barely got off the couch.  I couldn't handle handing out the candy this year - Tim had to do it for me.  I sat in the baby room looking out the window and just cried.  How could this be?  How could this even be real?

The weekend prior we went to the annual pumpkin carving party at the cabin and I carved this for Sofia.  This was a hard day too.  I was in tears.  She was supposed to be there with us.


From Slideshow

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lia,

    I just found your blog through Baby Center. I am so sorry for you loss. You and your husband are so strong. We lost our little boy Jonas on June 11, 2010. It was the day before my due date. Just like Sofia we have no idea why Jonas died. Everything was perfect. My pregnancy sounded just like yours. I'm not sure why God needed our little ones, but I know there is a good reason and we will see them one day. This thought is comforting, but in no way does it take away the pain.

    I LOVE all of Sofia's hair! She is super cute!! I'm not too surprised though because her parents are good lookin' :)

    If you need to chat please know I am here for you.

    Jen

    jen.salisbury@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete