Monday, November 15, 2010

Remembering Sofia's Funeral

The mortuary provided us with a DVD of Sofia's funeral service. I finally decided to watch it today, a month since she was buried. I cried and Maggie consoled me with her dog kisses. I want her back so bad. Watching it I was reminded how many people came out to support us and say good-bye to our baby girl. Nobody ever had the chance to say hello to her. I wish everyone could have seen her the way that we did, when she first was delivered. At least there are a few pictures. She just looked like she was sleeping. I'm thankful that so many came out to her service. It gave us strength. We miss her so much.

I remember picking out the prayer card in the hospital with my sister-in-law, Michelle. We both found the same prayer at the same time and knew it was the most appropriate for Sofia.

Little Angels

When God calls little children
to dwell with Him above,
we mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with
the death of one small child
who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to His fold,
so He picks a rosebud before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
and so He takes but few
to make the land of Heaven
more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try;
the saddest word mankind knows
will always be "Goodbye."
So when a little child departs,
we who are left behind
must realize God loves children-
Angels are hard to find.

From Slideshow

1 comment:

  1. I always say Lily looked like she was simply sleeping. I guess I was afraid she'd look creepy or something, but she was perfect and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete