Monday, November 29, 2010

Shop Till You Drop

While we were visiting family in IL over the holiday we made a few shopping trips on "Black Friday".  I don't usually get up in the middle of the night to shop with all the crazies but I figured what the heck...I was on "vacation".  (Plus, my sister-in-law was already getting up to go so I tagged along!)  We got up at 3:45 and were out the door by 4:00 am.  The lines were actually not bad compared to those I've seen in the past in Omaha.  I bought a few gifts for the nieces & nephew and got some good deals.  At one point we walked through the children's clothing and I saw the cutest newborn outfit for a little girl.  The top said "mommy's wish come true".  I felt sick.  She was my wish come true.  I wished for a baby and got one.  I should have wished for a baby that would grow up and live a long, healthy & happy life.  I'll be more specific next time.

We hit the outlet mall later that day.  I spent my saved up birthday money at the COACH outlet.  A little retail therapy if you will... My new purse should look nice with the winter coat I found at Macy's.  Getting that as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law.  Can't wait to wear it!

We had a good time with family.  It was nice to just relax and be comfortable.  Drank a few glasses of wine and ate too much food!

Now we're back home and I go back to work this week.  I'm looking forward to it but nervous too.  I know I'll be catching up on email for quite a while.

One more day of leave.  I better get some stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment